Carmi Orenstein, M.P.H.
Assistant Director and Health Educator
- BCERF Tool Kit, Environment and Breast Cancer: Teaching Tools for Change, April 2002
Co-author on two of the Tool Kit Spotlights:
Talking Around the Table: Chemicals in the Home
Talking about Pesticides in the Home and in the Neighborhood
- BCERF Tip Sheets, July 2001
Lead author on two low-literacy, action-oriented risk reduction publications:
Pesticides in Your Environment Using Home and Garden Products More Safely
- Contributor, What's the Risk? Pesticides in Homes & Communities, a project of the Environmental Risk Analysis Program, 2000-2001.
Contributed to overall design of module and prepared initial draft of section on epidemiology in this web-based tutorial.
- Editor, The Ribbon, Vol. 1, No. 1, Spring 1996 and continuing.
Solicits articles for, edits, and writes all BCERF news articles for all issues.
- Orenstein, C.: Using NCI's Atlas of Cancer Mortality in the United States 1950-94 and Cancer Mortality Maps and Graphs Web Site: Some Cautions and the Example of Black versus White Women's Mortality Rates, In: The Ribbon, BCERF Newsletter, Vol. 7, No. 1, Winter 2002, pp. 1-5.
- Denham, J. and Orenstein, C.: Reducing Pesticide Exposure in the Home and Garden: Alternatives and Proper and Legal Use Resource Sheet, Fact Sheet no. 5, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Revised, October, 1999.
- Orenstein, C. and Parpia, B.: Understanding Breast Cancer Rates, Fact Sheet no. 4, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, August 1997.
Carmi Orenstein: Publications | Professional Associations